Thursday 1 December 2011

Sunset

First post in my new blog :) to start with here's one of my personal favorite, I wrote it a while back. I have a special love for sunsets, something about them draws them to me, their beauty, their color, I love to sit and watch as God paints the sky :)

Sunset
The time of day I love the most
Is when the sun sinks in the sky
And just as it is about to go
It says one last goodbye

With a show of brilliant colors
To all the sun bids "Farewell
My time is done, the day is gone
Night must come and cast its spell

I have shone for you all day
And now I take my leave
A gift farewell I give to you
So through the night you remember me

I salute thee, oh white moon
Torch of the dark night
Who through the darkness, never failing
Shines to all your gentle light

Tomorrow I shall rise again
And greet thee with my rays
But now I sink below, below
And signal the end of day

Adieu, adieu, adieu to all
My time of day is done"
Having said, with colors such
Disappears the golden sun

No comments:

Post a Comment