Thursday 15 December 2011

I do so Want to Live

I am very, very pro life, this was a poem that  I wrote to go along with an essay I had to write for my school, the poem came out a lot better than the essay, here it is

I Do So Want to Live
You never saw me, you know me not
And so I ask how can it be
Since you never saw, nor never sought
Why is it that you do not want me?

What did I do, what have I done
That made you to so cry and mourn
Tell me, why don’t you want me to come?
Why do you stop me from being born?

Why do you want my life to end
When it has only just begun?
Why back to Heaven do you wish to send
When from Heaven I have just come?

Perhaps you think you do not need me
Perhaps I have interfered with your life
Perhaps there is no father to be
He is not your husband or you his wife

Perhaps you feel you cannot afford
Perhaps you say your health won’t allow
But please I beg of your own accord
Do not end my life that has begun just now

Mother dear, if you don’t want me on this earth
If you wish to live a life all free
Then I beg, keep me till my birth
I’m sure you’ll find someone who wants me

Perhaps you would be truly glad
If circumstances would permit
But they do not, and you feel bad
So why not end the troubles real quick

But I beg of you, my dearest mother
Just wait till I have a little grown
Then I am sure you’ll find another
Who will take me for his own

Perhaps you are so confused
Right and wrong you do mix
Not sure you are what to do
And you wonder should you risk?

Wait till my birth and you may discover
That you truly, really want to keep me
You may find, you may uncover
That it was of me you always dreamed

Whatever the reason I do pray
And I do hope so too
That you will look to God this day
About the life he gave to you

Please mother dear, do not abort
The life that God to you did give
I beg my life do not cut short
I do so want to live

No comments:

Post a Comment