Sunday 4 December 2011

Memoirs

Today's poem was insired by my love for Narnia. I am a great Narnia fan and a lot of my poetry is inpsiered and about Narnia. This poem is from the point of view of Susan, who has stopped believing in Narnia and did not go to Aslan's Country with the rest of her siblings. But now time has passed and she stops to wonder


Memoirs
The Autumn wind is blowing strong
The october leaves are falling down
And they join the multitudes
That are rotting on the ground

How like the leaves upon the dirt
Are my dreams from yesterday,
Today I've done a dangerous thing
And took a stroll down memory lane

I went back to a world I once knew,
Back to a life that was once mine,
Back to an innocence I once had,
Innocence that was bliss and kind

Back to the days when I was young,
Back when I had the faith of a child,
Back to when I was queen of Narnia,
And was known as gentle, meek and mild

It seems...it seems so long ago,
And indeed, perhaps it was,
Then I was different girl,
And the difference was because...

...was because...

Oh Aslan, tell me, was it because,
Because I had once believed in you?
Were You really always there,
And was Narnia really true?

I had come to think it folly,
I had come to think it child's play
So I threw it from my heart,
When perhaps, I should have let it stay

But now Time has blown away
The leaves and dreams of my youth,
And I wonder could it be,
That I had strayed from the truth?

But now the lane has ended,
And I come back to reality,
And to the life I am living,
And to the person that is me

Yet, a part of me is saying,
'Remember, remember the days of before
'And to look forward to a day,
When hearts will be mended and dreams restored'


(We will never know if Susan started to believe again, but I wanted to end this poem with a note of hope :) ) 


(a video I made to the song by Flyleaf "Missing" ) 
(p.s. no copy right infrigment intended, this is a fan video, I hold no right to the movies and the song, they belong to their respective owners, this video was made for intertainment only, just and only for fund :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment